Preaching for July 2019
July 7 Gerhard Venter
July 14 Gerhard Venter (Communion)
July 21 Gerhard Venter
July 28 Gerhard Venter (Potluck)
Dates for the Diary: July
Thursday July 5 Public Holiday (Saints Cyril and Method)
Sunday 28 July Pot Luck Lunch
Tuesday Bible Study @ Súl’ovská
Please note! There will be no Tuesday Bible study during the Summer break. Announcements will be made about the start-up.
No meetings are planned for the months of July and August. Next meeting planned Saturday, 7th September 2019. More details to follow.
Our annual “Weekend Away” planned for 13-15 September. Full details available on the form on the table in the foyer, or per email (if requested). PLEASE plan to join us for a good time of fellowship, fun and spiritual growth.
July 13 – 19 IBC Euroventure, Switzerland
Aug 5-7 Visit from IBC President, Tim Faulkner
Sept. 13 – 15 Church weekend, Modra
Sept. 22-24 Unjited Festival, Vsetin, Cz.
Oct 21 – 23 IBC Annual Mtg., Naples, Italy
News & Prayer Requests
- Pray for the missionaries supported by us:
- Lenka Slobodova (in South Africa) with Operation Mobilization
- Eva and Martin Horton with Wycliffe Bible Translators in the UK.
- Jarka Panchuchova Child Evangelism Fellowship (Slovakia)
- Children’s ministry in Summer. For the months of July and August there will be no separate Sunday School during the worship services. There will be a Bible lesson and some activity sheets for children (and parents) in the Sunday School room.
- Pastoral needs. Several individuals and families in our fellowship are struggling with illness and/or other challenges. Let’s pray for one another, love each other and reach out in help as far as we can.
- Prayer needs. If you have a need, please speak to one of the Council members to make it known.
New Home for Pastor
Thank you for those who attended June’s special church meeting at which it was decided to purchase Cierny chodnik 33, Vajnory, Bratislava 83107 as a home for a pastor. A €3000 deposit has been paid, we have until the 19th July to pay the balance, and if all goes well we should get the keys mid-August.
We will need to furnish the accommodation and if you have good quality second hand furniture, furnishings, cups, plates etc please have a word with Pete. We will also need a few gardening tools!
We will also be having a special gift weekend for those wishing to help with the purchase. The date will be announced. Any gifts, however small, will all help to offset some of the costs.
We hope that our pastor will be in the property by the end of August. To God be the glory, and may this property be used for His praise.