Preaching for May
May 5 Gerhard Venter
May 12 Gerhard Venter
May 19 Eric Davis
May 26 Gerhard Venter
Dates for the Diary: May
Wednesday May 1 Public Holiday
Wednesday May 8 Public Holiday
Saturday May 11 Slovak Baptist Union (BJB) Meeting
Sunday May 26 Pot Luck Lunch
Children’s Ministry on Sundays
The children’s ministry takes place during the message time on Sundays. Please speak with Zuzka if you are able to help.
USA Mission Team: 14-24 May 2019
A team of 8 people from Gardner Webb University in North Carolina will visit, support and minister among us this month. We have planned some special events and activities as they come to assist our church in outreach and ministry. These include:
- Work days at Berea Christian Centre in Modra (15-17 May).
- Outreach to Narnia schools where Abbey and Nikki teach (16 May at CEF campsite & 21 May at Petrzalka).
- Women’s meeting, Saturday 18 May (see next page).
- Coffee and Games evening, Saturday 18 May.
- Leading and participating in Tuesday Bible studies.
Women Connect for May will happen on Saturday, 18 May, starting at 10:00am. The USA team will share in the meeting. Teresa Davis, leader of the team, will share with the ladies. All very welcome!
Tuesday Bible Study @ Súl’ovská
On Tuesdays the Bible Study begins at 6.45pm and finishes by 8pm. For those coming direct from work or who would like to take the opportunity of further fellowship, food is provided from 6:00-6.45pm.
- Pray for the missionaries supported by us:
- Lenka Slobodova (OM in South Africa)
- Eva and Martin Horton (Wycliffe, UK)
- Jarka Pankuchova Child Evangelism Fellowship (Slovakia).
- Pray for the Slovak Baptist Union and our involvement in the building extensions, as well as a planned church plant (both involving Sulovska – the building we use).
- If you have a prayer (or other) need, please contact Gerhard.
July 13 – 19 IBC Euroventure, Switzerland
Aug 5-7 Visit from IBC President, Tim Faulkner
Sept. 13 – 15 Church weekend, Modra
Sept. 22-24 Unjited Festival, Vsetin, Cz.
Oct 21 – 23 IBC Annual Mtg., Naples, Italy
Although we have only just returned from Spring Harvest we are already planning to take a group in 2020. Details are on the table at the back.
For more information on any of these events, please speak to Pete.