Preaching for April
Please pray for Gerhard as he brings God’s Word to us this month.
April 2 Gerhard (Good Friday) – a shorter service, including Communion
April 4 Gerhard (Easter Sunday)
April 11 Gerhard (Communion)
April 18 Gerhard
April 25 Gerhard
Children Ministry: Sundays
During the Zoom lockdown services there will be a children’s story followed by an activity. Parents please try and help your children with the activity and then send pictures to Pastor Gerhard so that they can be shown the next week.
Tuesday Bible Study on Zoom
The Bible study begins at 7pm and finishes by 8pm. The link is sent Monday or Tuesday morning via MailChimp. Please check your inbox (it may also end up in your Promotions or Spam folder). We are looking at the Parables Jesus told.
The women’s group will meet via Zoom on Saturday 10th April at 10:00am. All ladies, young and old, are welcome to join! For more information, please contact Joan or Nikki. The link and more information will be sent during the week prior to the Saturday.
April Dates for the Diary
- Spring Harvest available 4th – 8th April. Once again Spring Harvest as a residential experience has been cancelled because of Covid-19 HOWEVER it is available online. Spring Harvest Home 21 will be streamed on their brand new, custom-made platform. You can watch and interact with exciting live worship celebrations, transformative teaching, insightful Bible study, fun kid’s sessions and so much more, all from the comfort of your own sofa. There is a small fee -30 Euros – contact Pete who will book you in.
- IBC Women’s Conference, Madrid, Spain, 23rd April. The residential Madrid conference has been cancelled because of Covid-19 HOWEVER ladies on April 23, we are bringing our speaker Tianne Moon, and our worship leader Nicola Muenster to your church, or your Zoom meeting, or your home . . . via YouTube . . . for FREE!
- Missionaries supported by our church:
- Lenka Knoetze (maiden name Slobodova) with Operation Mobilization (South Africa).
- Eva and Martin Horton with Wycliffe Bible Translators. They are based in the UK.
- Jarka Pankuchova and Zuzka Magdoskova, both with Child Evangelism Fellowship (Slovakia).
- Pray for those among us in need of a new job, new position, or making important decisions regarding their future, and for those struggling with the fallout from Covid-19.
- Please continue to pray for Vierka Millerova as she recovers from cancer surgery and goes through chemotherapy, which started 25th March.
- Pray for the world and Slovakia during this pandemic and particularly for the Slovak coalition government to find solutions for their disagreements.
- Thank you to all who took part in the Church meeting on 21st March where it was officially decided to issue a call to Nick and Amanda Gagnon to come and pastor our church – which they have officially accepted. Whilst it is always sad to see people leave, and Gerhard and Joan have certainly made an impact on the church, we should be excited as this new chapter opens.
- Gerhard and Joan’s last Sunday will be 27th June and hopefully we will be up and running at Sulovska by then, so please put this date in your diary and we will have a special pot-luck lunch and give them the send-off they deserve!!
- If you are in contact with former members who were here during Gerhard and Joan’s time let them know and invite them to come and join us for the day.
The church is financed by the tithes and offerings of members & those who attend.
Account Name: Medzinárodný baptistický zbor Bratislava
IBAN: SK65 3100 0000 0040 4026 2118
Bank Name: Prima banka Slovensko, a. s.